20080708

Geeentoo Binary Package Repository

If anyone is also using an Asus EEE with Gentoo instead of the default Xandros operating system, feel free to use the binary package repository that I have set up here .

I'm going to try my best to put together some documentation about how I arrange my EEE PC, providing /etc/portage/{package,savedconfig}*, /etc/make.conf, /etc/init.d/portage_squashfs, etc. Although right now the documentation will probably consist of a static html page with links to the Gentoo Wiki and other places.

My eventual plans for the EEE are to get a full-blown GRP (Gentoo Reference Platform) set up on it, to create a stage4 for Geeentoo, and then of course to do hardware modifications :)

Planned modifications include:
Maybe I'll turn the static html page into some kind of RSS feed just to make people's lives easier.

In any event - stay posted!!

No comments: