20080218

Heading Home

Woo-hoo!

Today I booked my flight back to Canada on the 14th of March, from Hamburg to Montréal. Can you tell that I have a huge smile on my face as I write this? Hehehe..

In the next month, I'll be writing my exams in Advanced Signals & Systems, Advanced Digital Signal Processing, and then I'm organizing to write my exam in Digital Communications at McGill via some awesome department that will proctor exams for external universities ;-) I've never even heard of that before.

But hey, if it means that I don't miss out on an exam and I get to be in my new apartment with my lady friend and Julien, then that's entirely wicked in my opinion!

Oh yes, and by the way, version 2.0 will be named Julien Jacob Friedt - although I'm not 100% sure of the spelling of all of it - Erin and I both agree that Julien should be with an 'e', but I sort of feel like using a 'k' in Jakob just because that's how they would spell it over here.

By the way, if anyone feels like buying a few baby clothes, these ones are definitely on the wish list:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/kids/5ace/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/kids/59cc/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/kids/6c71/
and my personal favorite
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/kids/9b11/

Sigh, comic relief ;-)

I spoke to Sammy D.J. just yesterday, and He and Emily are also expecting a newcomer in July - Ethan Donald. Dwayne Williams also has one (or two) little ones already, and countless numbers of others must be married at this point - jeez, I'm starting to sound like a 30 year old! AAAAGGHH!!

It seems as if it were yesterday that we were wearing hospital pants and hardhats and getting completely $h17-faced in the 4th floor of Pitman Hall. I know, I'm a bit of a sentimental, but hey - what a wild time; the nights without sleep studying for exams, practically living in the basement of the building formerly known as T... sometimes I can't even believe that I'm here in Germany now doing my master's. I'm meeting so many people from all over the world - I hope I stay good friends with all of them, just because having friends in other countries just makes the best excuse to travel ;-)

Speaking of travel, the feeling that I will be 'going home' to Montréal hasn't even really sunk in yet. What I mean, is that it seems like I've been renting rooms for literally the last decade of my life! Moving from city to city, province to province, country, continent, etc. Now Erin & I are pretty much starting out together in a beautiful plateau apartement à côté du Parc LaFontaine. I can't wait! The next year of my life is going to be full of the most amazing experiences.

Well, I'd better get back to work / studying

Hasta Luego

No comments: